Wednesday 5 March 2014

Gaming Progress Report - March 5th


I'm actually at a point right now where I have way too many games going at once and I'm in pretty desperate need of hard drive space, but can't pick any one game to delete because I haven't finished any of them yet. I should just buckle down and pick one, but I'm indecisive by nature. Anyway, some thoughts on a couple of the offending titles.

Unrelated to what I post below, here's a link to my youtube channel. I upload far too much and I'm always happy to get new viewers: FlamingGnats' Channel - YouTube



Defiance:

This should be the perfect game for me. 3rd-person shooting in an MMORPG setting with Guild Wars 2 style public events? Hell yeah, that sounds awesome, and for the most part it's not half bad. However, my first foray into the PVP side of things kind of left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I haven't felt like logging back in for a few days now. 

Essentially the PVP is dead, but those dedicated enough to wait out the 10+ minute queue times to get into a battleground are treated to being consistently killed in a single shot by people with literally 50x their EGO rating, all sporting the same semi-automatic sniper rifle and stealth ability. This has apparently been a major problem for the game for a while now, with most of the community abandoning PVP altogether because the devs have done nothing to fix things. I don't blame them, and I won't be trying it out again.




TESV: Skyrim:

Yes, I'm going to play this again. I spent a good chunk of yesterday downloading far too many mods and I just finished installing them all this afternoon. I've done this many times in the past and have only ever beaten the game once before (and even then, I ended up rushing through the main story about halfway through) so hopefully this will be different and I will be able to complete everything. I'm hoping the fact that I have a much better GPU now than I did the last time I played will make it easier to get into the game, but we'll find out for sure soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment