Saturday 8 March 2014

Gaming Progress Report - March 8th, 2014

My girlfriend has been away for the weekend visiting family so I've been able to burn through more games than I would otherwise, and despite feeling generally ill over the past few days I actually managed to check a few off my backlog and beat them.



Costume Quest:

This little piece of awesome had actually been sitting on my backlog for years with me constantly telling myself I'd get to it eventually. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. Costume Quest easily blew my expectations out of the water and I was so entranced by it I even grabbed the lone DLC and played through that as well. I think I blew through both in a combined total of 4-5 hours, but I enjoyed every minute of them.

Why can't they make more console style RPGs for the PC? They don't even have to be serious affairs like Final Fantasy or whatever, this game proved that! I'd love for more games like this to be released, because it's getting harder and harder for me to play newer console style RPGs on actual consoles (on account of my not having any of the new ones).




Homefront:

I almost feel like I'm doing a bad thing by putting this average-on-its-best-day FPS in the same update as Costume Quest. But yes, I played and finished Homefront. It looks and handles identically to every other modern military FPS, but it's single player campaign was somehow even shorter and jankier than Call of Duty and the like. A real shame, too, because the setting for the game was fairly interesting, and the introduction sequence actually had me pretty well hooked despite it being completely unrealistic.

Apparently a sequel is in the works despite the average to negative reviews the game got, though, so maybe that will improve on a lot of the things that held this one back.


No comments:

Post a Comment