Monday 3 March 2014

Gaming Progress Report - March 3rd

Since I'm not quite ready to throw together another review or article about any one game in particular, I thought I'd just leave a few snippets of information regarding the games I'm currently playing instead. I'll likely use this format as a way to space out reviews and give myself time to get them all edited and such.

Shining Ark:

I had been wanting to pick Shining Ark back up for a while after I'd done the little teaser for my youtube channel, which really only consisted of the first quest, but was continually sidetracked with other things to the point that I'd basically forgotten about it. With Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X finished, however, I figured now was as good a time as any to get back into the game.

Unfortunately, the Japanese wiki for the game has been down for some time now and with it the only quest flowchart or anything even approaching a guide I've been able to find after hours of searching online. So I'm flying blind, and while I'm sure I'll be able to make it through the main story without any problems (already on the 3rd chapter), it's a bit frustrating to constantly be walking past NPCs with that little frowny face over their heads because I can't figure out what the hell they want me to do with their sidequests.

WHAT DO YOU WANT??

Regardless, I'm having a decent amount of fun with the game, though I'm likely to slow down with my playing and focus more on PC games so as to avoid burnout. It's so facerollingly easy and the quests are incredibly repetitive, I'm sure if I wasn't a fan of the franchise and art style I wouldn't have the patience for it.




Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon:

The only other game I've really been playing the last couple of days has been this beauty, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon. From what I've gathered online it's considered one of the worst entries in the franchise, but I'm having a decent time of it. The last EDF game I played was for the PS2 (the name escapes me), and I'd forgotten how good they were at making giant ants destroying low resolution cities look awesome.

At this point I have maybe two or three more missions before I've beaten it and can start uploading my playthrough to youtube, and I may toss up a full review tomorrow. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment